MTB Radio began as God’s idea put in the heart of an American missionary, Dr. Peter Banfe, and Cody Stinson in 2014. Their hearts are to see Burmese people repent and trust in Jesus so they will have a home in heaven.
“Repent ye and be converted that your sins may be blotted out” (Acts 3:19)
“He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life” (John 3:36)
Since that time we have been busy seeking God’s will and preparing for this station. Smart phone/cell phone growth in Burma has been truly phenomenal, as even most of the younger generation and many of the older have access to cell phones. And access to the Internet is growing daily. A web-based station also provides insulation from government controls. We are very excited to have this opportunity to reach thousands of people in what has been a closed, now under a military dictatorship, majority Buddhist country where the majority group is 99 percent unreached with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
It was a massive job translating preaching and amassing adequate content to form a 24 hour radio station. Then there was servers, webdesign, programming, scheduling, etc. etc. Thank you to Cody Stinson for the expert work of BRN radio and without whom none of this would be possible.
If you wish to read more about the work and ministry of Mission to Burma (MTB), please click this link to contact us.
The programming of Radio MTB will include:
1. Good Christian Music including Hymns and other reverent music.
2. Bible reading from the Old Judson Bible from both the Old and New Testaments
3. Bible preaching by great preachers such as J. Vernon McGee
4. Preaching by Dr Andy Bloom from Central Baptist Church, Ocala Florida
5. Evangelical messages on the gospel including God’s Story, the Jesus Story, the Hope
6. Bible lessons for adults and children
7. Courses Teaching Bible doctrine such as the Diety of Christ, the Trinity and others.
Later we plan to also:
- Hard hitting programming dealing with some of the heresies facing the Burmese Christian churches such as:
- Prosperity preaching,
- The influence of charismatics and contemporary rock music,
- The rising influence of women preachers,
- Attacks on the Deity of Christ,
- The flooding into Burma of cults such as the JWs and Mormons and heretics within the Asian church.
- Share stories of the martyrs of our faith
- Updates and news on Christianity in the world today
- Teach English lessons through the Bible.
- Include many classic sermons by Great Preachers
- Radio Bible School: With radio courses and materials for Bible training.
We also have a publications ministry and have Bibles, tracts and some teaching materials available at no cost to saints and new converts.
Your prayers and support for this major enterprise would be greatly appreciated. We need monthly support to keep Radio MTB going, to continue to offer cutting edge programming and convicting content. Please click on the link to donate and join with us to reach tens of thousands of lost in Burma.